Thursday, February 5, 2009

Am I Having Fun Yet?

I don't usually do this, but I just registered at fuelupthefun.com to see if I win a Toyota Prius. I bought a couple of Freschetta pizzas yesterday at the store, and the box advertises this instant-win game.

So, I took the bait.

And let me tell you, this is the cheesiest site I've ever been to. (Oh, maybe that explains it... pizza, cheesy, I get it...)

Anyone know why so many sites require me to "join" all these sites just to play a flippin' game? I long for the days of a little instant-win card IN the box. I usually opt out at that point of "Register here," but this time I wanted to see it through.

So now I am officially registered, even though after May this password will be entirely useless and just taking up valuable space in my passwords book, AND it makes me enter a security code AND age AND state AND input my UPC code (the entry) before I even know what's going on or how it works.

On the next screen, I have to fill in the rest of my address details AND opt out of being Among The First To Receive Special Offers!! etc. etc. from this company which I am liking less and less by the second.

Then, the box refreshes and informs me I have not won. And I should be sure to come back and play again tomorrow.

Wait! I bought 2 pizzas, I have 2 boxes hogging valuable space next to my computer right now, I want to enter both codes and be done with this nonsense!

Tomorrow my eye. I guess I want that car, because I cut out the UPC code from the other box. Even though I don't really need a UPC code at all, because it's a "No purchase necessary" game which means that anyone who goes to the trouble of registering, they'll give you a code right there online.

None of you better win my car!!

No comments: