Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fast Food, Now! Costs More!

I can't believe it cost me more than $8 to feed a 6-year-old. OK, so I ordered a couple of little sides. Off the supposed dollar menu, though!

This is one Big Kids 6-piece nugget meal -- the most expensive out of all 6 or so kid meal options, as I now know-- and a side of onion rings (sometimes it's hard to decide between rings or fries), plus 2 of the new little mini "burger shots."

Yeah, no wonder they put an exclamation point in the middle of the receipt!

I gotta tell you, when we got home and he wanted something else to eat, I told him he had to eat the rest of his fries and nuggets! They were probably better here at home -- reheated in the oven (both items were cold, even though we had to wait at least 5 minutes for the food) and with a little salt, which the fries had lacked.

Oh, and be sure to notice the price of those Burger Shots: $1.49 , NOT the $1.39 which is the price emblazoned IN HUGE NUMERALS on the side of the bag they were served to me in (along with an asterisk that said, of course, "Prices and participation may vary." And! And! The guy suckered me in for cheese. He simply asked me if I'd like cheese. He didn't tell me it was going to cost extra-- not only extra but 40 cents extra for 2 microscopic squares of cheese!

That's not gonna happen again! (The Burger shots were good, by the way, but probably not worth the effort -- next time I'd need to order them plain --as in, no ketchup or pickle -- for DB to really enjoy.)

Oh, and they have removed the playspace from this Burger King. Do you see a reason for me to go back???

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I haven't eaten at Burger King since last March. I had a six-hour layover at JFK on my way back to Austin, and I spent 40 minutes of it in line at BK, one of two food joints in the place, waiting for a cold sandwich and stale fries. I found a quiet corner of the terminal to eat, and then noticed I was 6 feet from a dead RAT! Granted, the rat wasn't in the BK itself, but the two are forever joined in my memory.

And my best friend's older brother is CEO of Burger King. I still won't eat there.