Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'll Take It

Here I am at the ladies-only Oscars party Sunday night. I'm so proud of myself for doing my hair!

Tonight Husband and I are going to go see the new production of Guys and Dolls tonight for my birthday. Got several online greetings today, two from actual individuals and the rest from sites I'm members of. (Hey, I'll take it!)

Husband has dragged DuckyBoy directly from the bus to the store to buy me a card. Why do men wait until the last minute for things? This is NOT the way to teach the kid to plan ahead.

But, if he learns that it's better to do it last minute than not at all, well, I'll take it!

I sent in my "What I want to change and why" essay to the New Year, New You contest and now I'm procrastinating actually contacting Guideposts about a job opening they have.

Isn't it ironic that the ultimate feel-good magazine sometimes makes me feel bad about my skills? Ya see, they have a particular writing style that is sensory-detail-heavy that's not really me. And sometimes when I read the magazine, which is every month since my mom sends it to me, I feel like I'm not good enough for them.

I actually changed that previous paragraph to be less of a bummer than it originally was, since not only do I not always feel bad when I read the magazine, I also did complete a project with the Guideposts team that left me feeling like I'd really done my best in areas where I am strong.

Nevertheless I feel pretty weak on skillz lately, other than blabbing about my life and being DB's mom, plus I'm overweight, under-exercised, and don't cook what my whole family should be eating. So I hope I win their contest.

Here's the photo I sent with the entry. I wasn't sure what the photo is for, so I went with the full-body "before" shot. At least it was taken today, after my highlights (Tuesday) and facial/eyebrows (today).

The other contender was the Oscar party picture; what do you think, did I do the right thing?

No comments: