Monday, January 26, 2009

Parental Love

Most days after DB gets on the school bus, I come upstairs and feel a pang of worry, love, and hope for him. All I can do at that point is pray for his safety and his mental and emotional comfort for the day.

All I can do is hope I've prepared him the best I can for what he's going to face.

And he's only 6... what will I be like as he grows and the challenges increase?

Is this normal?

It makes me think about God's love for us, how much more God cares for us, thinks about us, hopes we'll make the right choices.

Do you think God worries? Seems outside the scope of emotion for a Divine Being. But the others for sure -- hope, love, concern.

After all, we have free will to make our own choices. No matter how much preparation we've gotten from whatever source worked for us -- church, Sunday School, kind neighbors, the Bible -- in the end we decide what to do.

Compared to God, we all have autism.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

that's really true. I worry every day that i drop ethan off b/c i know how much anxiety he has and that dealing with people is harder for him. i've just had to try to accept it, and be happy on the good days.