Friday, January 9, 2009

DuckyBoy Update

DB had a great day today!

As I planned, in the car going to school we practiced responding to other children being named Citizen of the Month. I only suggested not to shout out angrily; on his own, DB responded with clapping and saying "Yay, [whatever name I said.] You deserve it, good for you, etc." One name he said, "Booooo," and we discussed the inappropriateness of that, then tried again. Did I ever high-five and praise him for those positive responses!! (Do you know how hard it is to high-five someone in the backseat while you are driving?)

At pickup time this afternoon, his teacher could HARDLY WAIT to tell me how well he did, he did exactly what we practiced. The teachers were so pleased they ALSO wrote me a note, which is out of character for them (at least it has been in the past). And he earned a rubber duck, which means a lot to him.

Sorry to those who have a less traditional faith, but praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Because, although I'm delighted to think I helped with the success, it surely wasn't just what I did. My efforts alone have never done this well before, lol.

And after gymnastics? DB ate TWO Wendy's kid burgers AND two servings of french fries. Being a good citizen really works up an appetite! (He told me he "devoured" his snack and his lunch. How many 6-year-olds use the word "devoured?)

No comments: