Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Bathrobe

I saw a bathrobe for DuckyBoy at Sears a couple of weeks ago, and have had enough extra cash for it and been wanting to go get it for a week now. It's the right time of year, nice and cold, and his old one is so small it's useless.

Finally yesterday, I took him to Sears and got it. I was glad he was with me -- the 6/7 is perfect for him to grow into while the 4/5 is almost too small ... but just by looking at it I really couldn't tell! I couldn't imagine my little guy was big enough to wear that 6/7!

So this one is almost floor-length, Husband says he looks like a boxer. He'll be able to wear it for a nice long while.

It's a cozy fuzzy robe with a polar bear on the back. I can tell he likes it, as he snuggled into it after his bath.

I like that he can appreciate getting something like that -- there are times we wonder whether he simply sees every situation as an opportunity to acquire, and if he takes everything he has for granted.

So for him to enjoy what could be a little thing like a new robe makes me feel good.

1 comment:

karen said...

I completely understood your sentiments in this post. Sometimes seedlings don't sprout for a very long time, but the seeds are being planted nonetheless. It may be a fragile garden, but it will flourish in its own sweet time. Sending our love & prayers.