Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Surprise Morning!

DuckyBoy said the cutest thing at 6 am one day this weekend:

"Happy Surprise Morning!"

What he got back was a grumpy grumble from his father. So he ran off to watch TV, which is what he would have done regardless.

Granted, it was 6 am and a chirpy (fairly loud) awakening was a bit abrupt, but he was so adorably HAPPY that, after a couple minutes of mental dithering, I got up and hugged him and told him he made my day by saying what he said.

And you know what he said? "Thanks."

The kid who never seems grateful for anything -- said "thanks."

I think I did the right thing.

And he told me he was surprised that it was morning -- so he must have slept well.
First night as the owner of this cool bike could do it!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

that's so great! I totally know what you mean--seeing gratitude is so great.