Thursday, May 7, 2009

Asparagus Fries Recipe

There's probably something to the fact that I'm bookending my post about the biggest revelation I've had about myself in a long time with 2 recipes. Right along with the fact that I've realized I overeat because I'm not "being fed." That's right, my life is one long series of metaphors.

Anyway, here is the other recipe that's in my notebook that I want to make sure and write down for posterity. I didn't invent the idea but it's delicious.

Asparagus Fries
  • 1 lb asparagus spears
  • Kosher salt
  • Olive oil
  • Freshly ground pepper (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Rinse and snap asparagus. (The "bend and snap" method of removing the bottom of the stems has changed my life by enabling me to have a stress-free relationship with asparagus. No relation to the "Bend and Snap" move from Legally Blonde.)
  3. Pat the spears dry. Doesn't have to be 100% dry.
  4. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet in single layer. I make all the spears point the same way.
  5. Drizzle with olive oil and gently roll the spears around with your hands to coat, making sure to get the points as well as the stalks.
  6. Sprinkle liberally (but not my Husband's definition of liberally) with salt and pepper.
  7. Bake about 15 minutes. The points will look crispy. Turn with spatula after about 10 minutes.
  8. Serve immediately.
And, no. DuckyBoy hasn't tried these either.

No comments: