Friday, May 8, 2009

Why I Overeat

Eating more food can't
fix my inner hunger for
love, validation.

Yet I've been trying
every day, stuffing my face,
trying to feel "fed."

But at last, a shift --
Now a weekly meeting
helps me to feel heard.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
And, surprisingly, it has made a huge difference. I can stop eating. And I feel less empty. Amazing how a psychological reason can have such an impact on the physical body. I've never been an emotional eater quite like this before. Only recognized it a few weeks ago, and at that point I felt powerless to stop it. Now that Husband and I meet with a sympathetic ear once a week, not only do I feel more able to control my eating, I'm also exercising!

That's right, Internet, you heard it here first, I've racked up a whopping 15 minutes on the boo-boo machine, I mean, the elliptical machine, this week!

Plus a day spent lugging plants around at school, that counts as exercise too.

I'm not quite on the level of the Hot By BlogHer ladies, but I'm happy to aim for "Better By BlogHer."

For more haiku, visit A Mommy Story.

3 comments:

Korie said...

I eat for comfort a lot of the time too. It's a hard habit to break. Good luck!

Ashlie- Mommycosm said...

Good for you for taking back control - and way to 'ku about it!

Cathy said...

good for you! that's awesome!