Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Perks of Being Good-Looking

Husband came home yesterday with a perplexed look on his face. He and DuckyBoy had gone out to buy my Mother's Day card and, by my request, Mother's Day lottery scratch-offs. (I love that commercial!)

This is his story:

We went into Dunkin Donuts. I [Husband] put my messenger bag in the back of the store while we picked what kind of donut we wanted. DB picked an unglazed stick, then decided to go to our seat and then was back up by me, bopping around, wearing my bag.

The woman taking our order, out of nowhere, says, "He's such a good boy, he's helping you!" and puts a few Munchkins in the bag with his donut!

Meanwhile, this DD is not known for its friendly employees. In fact, two of the other workers were having a screaming match in the back of the store while this is going on!

* * * * *
I told him it reminds me of the episode of 30 Rock called "The Bubble,"where Liz's neighbor/boyfriend, the doctor, gets all kinds of perks because he's so good-looking. Some people just Got It!

Husband and I just never knew anyone who Had It before!

Husband said, "The thing is, DB has no idea that life isn't like this for everyone. He just thinks this is how life is!"

Yep. Just like "The Bubble"!