Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Blessing of No Car

We had a wonderful Saturday yesterday, we walked all over. The weather was beautiful and so we went for bagels, to a far-away playground, and even ran an errand at our accountant's office. What a nice way for the three 3 of us to spend the afternoon.

The sermon today was about resting on the Sabbath -- looking back, it felt like yesterday was that kind of day for us.

Today did not feel like that kind of day. We schlepped on the subway to the Brooklyn church because we had an obligation; my favorite part was seeing 2 young men enjoy DuckyBoy's sheer joy and boundless energy on the subway. It clearly brightened their day to watch a little boy having so much fun. One even asked him, "Could I have half your energy?" It was really cute.

Now I have to face up to some trust issues in my relationship that I've put off for a long time. Although, does it count as putting it off if you didn't know what it was until yesterday?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

those revelations can sneak up on you! i used to live in Chicago and miss taking the subway now that I'm in Denver