Friday, March 20, 2009

Ups and Downs

I haven't blogged all week
can't even make this a haiku
I'm out of inspiration
blah de blah de blue

No enthusiasm,
every day the same
Little things are fine each day
but I'm in a bigger frame

Can't get the oomph to exercise
or stop stuffing my face...
though St Patrick's Day was worth the stuffing
cabbage and corned beef at the very best place!

I was on TV on Monday
Manhattan cable access
DuckyBoy was worried I'd become famous
but Tuesday he was so sweet about it

Asked me if I had a good time
His social skills were working fine
And today he got to stay at the playground
instead of running off to gymnastics
and he liked that very much.

I think we all have a bit of a cold
but I'm not allowed to have anything other than a crystal clear thinking and talking head
(says who? never mind that now)
Let's go visit Grandma tomorrow
and get out of the house.

I decided my home is not welcoming
and I don't know why that is
nor how to fix it.
I try to take care of the people who live here
and after all I live here too
but I don't think it's working for anyone.

I need to take better care of myself.
At library today we took down all the winter stuff
and put up spring.
Now if I can only do it for myself.

*Sigh.*

1 comment:

Cathy said...

i love how you put this in poem form. Sounds like you and I had a similar week--I was pretty blue and stressed out too. But it's better today--hoping you feel better, too! :)