Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family Frisbee

Yesterday we drove 2 hrs (almost) to an extended family gathering -- my family, for once!! Yeah!! -- upstate. Great to see cousins and even my Uncle Mike, whose name isn't really Mike.

The other very great part was me, DuckyBoy and Husband playing Frisbee in my cousin's backward. A real sporty-type outdoor activity! All 3 of us! It lasted numerous minutes, more rounds than I can count!

And DB was good at it -- he knew (and said) "Gotta point my shoulder where I want it to go." He was open to Husband's coaching to also look where you want the disc to go. He was, point in fact, better than me!

Now, where do you suppose he learned the shoulder thing? I think APE, also known as adaptive phys ed. They only had it this year, and there was some back-and-forth by other moms about whether or not it was helpful, yadda yadda, and the school had trouble finding a place for them to have it -- apparently they were in the hallway at least some of the time. I know they went to the playground, too, which is good.

It's already been cancelled for next year, though -- Round 2 of the experiment. That's OK too, might as well see if he can get used to being in gym with everyone else.

But if he learned to play Frisbee, it was a year well spent!

No comments: