Friday, May 23, 2008

The Price of Gas: $60 Fill-Ups

In my home we are blessed to not have to sweat every small purchase or even worry much about the cost of a fill-up, but it's hard not to notice and start doing the math when it costs over $60 to fill the tank. In the past 2 weeks I've had one 60-plus gas station visit and another just under. Whew!

For perhaps the past year, I've been driving Husband to work most days, which is about 25 miles round-trip. At best that's like, a gallon of gas ... or more, since it's city driving. SO each day the commute costs us about $4, not even counting wear-and-tear on the car; versus the subway, which is $2.

Plus it's at least 90 minutes of my time these days; it seems like it used to be faster. I enjoy both halves of the drive, but it looks like those days may be coming to an end.

No comments: