Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear Cable: Knock It Off!

Look, Time Warner Cable and Viacom. I don't care who wins this, just end it right now!

Do you think I wanted to wake up at 7 AM to that obnoxious ticker running across Noggin, saying "You will lose this network!" so my 6-year-old screams in terror, and then when I call the number you provide, turns out there's not really anything I can do about it?

How obnoxious.

After I read some reports I'm tempted to be on TWC's side due to the (minimum) 25 cent increase in my monthly bill and for the amount of increase requested. But that ticker! My kid has enough anxiety already, thankew.

Work it out! How about you jettison all those MTV channels and just keep the few everyone actually watches -- Nick, Noggin, Nicktoons and Comedy Central? Maybe then you won't have to raise my bill at all.

I actually wouldn't mind DB's watching less TV for a few days or longer -- I'm pretty sure they'll work it out, and we'll certainly get by with the remaining kids channels available -- I just don't like him being used as manipulation tool.

No comments: