Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Casting Call: The Movie Of You

Which actors would play your family members in the Movie de You?

I think for Husband my best choices include Ed Norton...


Kevin Spacey, though I can't imagine Kevin Spacey with facial hair but it could work -- and, uh, Kevin, you're looking a little old, sorry...

and Russell Crowe, who's gone from hottie to snottie in my eyes but I think could pull off the complex depth of personality that IS Husband.

They'd all have to go on an un-diet but actors seem to enjoy making a cheeseburgers-and-scotch daily Sacrifice for their Art.


For DuckyBoy, I'd have to do a casting call for some precocious young cutie like Haley Joel Osment used to be.

BTW, did you know the David Mamet play on Broadway Osment was in closed after just 1 week? You'd think John Leguizamo, Cedric the Entertainer and he would be agreat team. Maybe people are finally sick of "ugly beauty" (to borrow a phrase from the video review) and, given the economy, not too interested right now in the problems of 3 foul-mouthed would-be crooks.

As for me, I'm hoping you have some ideas. Here I am at my best...

and in a candid moment with DB (and Oreo the horse):

Whaddaya think? Annette Bening, maybe? She's so gorgeous, but also on par with Kevin Spacey in terms of age. Who's younger and not emaciated and maybe not quite as beautiful but looks nice? With no trace of an interesting ethnicity?


Hmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is Husband.

There is no one woman that could match what my wife has to offer, but if I had to pick, these would be among my choices:

5. Duffy, with her fresh sultriness

4. Jessica Biel, always redefining herself

3. Cameron Diaz, who's funny and sexy

2. Audrey Tautou, for her pure beauty

and ...

1. Jennifer Garner, a mom that does her own stunts!