Monday, December 22, 2008

A Day of Milestones

First, I dropped DB off in front of his school without walking him inside. I waited by the car until he was inside, but had every confidence he knew where to go.

Why? It was flippin' coooold, and icy, and no good or even sort-of-good parking spaces were available. So I gave him the option: Walk 2 blocks with me in the 14 degree cold, or I drop you off right in front of the building, and I'll make sure you get inside but have to stay by the car.

He chose wisely.

Next, at bedtime he had a loose tooth! He's not sure how he feels about it -- first excited, then nervous. But that's totally normal.

(He solemnly told me that I am allowed to come to the gingerbread-house project tomorrow afternoon as long as I: Don't burp or fart, don't tell anyone about his loose tooth, and [said with additional sternness] have everything I need. Ooooo-kay then!

Finally, I completed the sessions of my first telecourse tonight. As the teacher! I loved it so much.

A very good day.

No comments: