Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hangovers: Worth it or Not?

Hangovers used to be worth it. You'd drink the wine, feel good, have a great time, and just deal with the feelings the next day.

A few hangovers weren't worth it, like when you wake up and can't stand up. But garden-variety had-a-few-glasses-of-wine type were usually easy enough to soldier through.

But now? Maybe it's because I'm older, maybe it's because I have to get up at 6 am, maybe it's because I work at home (and the comfy bed and couch beckon for a snooze), maybe it's all those things combined.

But this is difficult. The only thing I can say is I DID enjoy the wine last night! And I know I have to pay the price.

More and more, though, the price is getting too high.

How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The key with wine is to make sure that you drink a ton of water with it. That way 1) you stay hydrated and 2) you drink way less.

karen said...

I find that I love to have a glass of red wine now & then. My life is stressful ... and wine is relaxing. I stop at a glass though - sometimes I'll have two - and always with food. Fortunately, I don't have a hangover w/ 2 glasses. Are you kidding?? I wouldn't be able to face my days w/a hangover. I just like to take the edge off of the stress and laugh it up with a friend or my sister. My goodness, if I didn't have those small breaks ... I think I might have lost it a long time ago ;)