Friday, October 3, 2008

Haiku for Speaking Up

I am so tired
of listening with friendly ears
to others who rant ...

... and think I agree
because I sit quietly --
time for something new.

I'll share my thoughts too;
surely someone wants to know.
I can speak up too!

How to tag this one?
"Citizen" is from school days
but it fits here too.

This is what I want,
to teach my son to speak up
in his adult life.

Not that I think he'd have a problem with that if left to his own devices ... but I certainly have struggled with speaking up, and making my voice heard.

2 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

I used to be the shyest person ever invented, but things have changed over the years thank goodness!

Quite a sensitive, thoughtful haiku!

Anonymous said...

indeed. i think that teaching one's child to speak up, and stand up for himself, as well as something he believes in, is a valuable gift.