Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Slip-On Sneakers: The After Photo

This photo is for Cathy, so we have the before-and-after of these sneakers.



DuckyBoy doesn't know how to tie shoes either, but it's not just a spectrum issue. My friend whose 9-year-old son is totally typical (well, by New York city kid standards anyway, haha) said he asked her to tie his new basketball shoes ... and until he asked her, she hadn't realized that he hadn't learned yet! It's just so easy to buy the slip-on and Velcro shoes now.

DB got into the habit of walking on the heels of these shoes, and also we had to switch from slip-ons back to Velco-closures for school, because he'd also fiddle with his shoes while siting at his desk. Darn near drove his kindergarten teacher crazy! So these were his summer '08 shoes, I think. When I saw Cathy's post about Ethan's new shoes back in November I dug these out ... and this is how long it took me to upload it!

No comments: