Thursday, December 3, 2009

BlogHer NYC Holiday Party: Haiku Review

Haiku Friday

BlogHer holiday
NY party -- with Jory! --
was a nice event.

A mix of bloggers
and sponsors, it seemed to me,
and int'rested folks ...

Washington Square Park,
Great Neck's Motherhood Later,
Gympressions and Curves ...

Snacks rocked @ Pranna,
chutney, sliders, shrimp, and naan ...
fusion like the crowd!

Proud I went alone,
wish I'd remembered my cards,
but still glad I went.

Would you like to haiku today? To participate in Haiku Friday, just follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. It or they can be part or all of your post, but your post must include a haiku. What's a haiku, you ask? Hint: 3 lines, and count syllables, 5-7-5. The best haiku evoke a feeling of place or emotion. (Unlike mine which are often factual.) More info: Click here. Or here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your main blog URL). Don't sign unless you have a haiku this week. If you need help with this, please let me know.

3. Please leave a comment after linking, thanks! (Eventually the Mr Linky links go away, I think, so they only way we'll find you in the future is via your comment.)

4. if you'd like, pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button at the top of this post.

REMEMBER: Do not post your link unless you have a haiku this week.


2 comments:

storyteller said...

Sounds like fun ;-)
One of these days, perhaps I'll make it to a BlogHer event and meet some of my 'virtual friends' in person!
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Ooops! There's no Mr. Linky and I didn't leave the specific link to Sacred Ruminations in my previous comment ... so I'll leave it here because that's my 'official' Haiku Friday post. That said ... ya know I write Haiku daily on each of my blogs ... just because ;-)
Hugs and blessings,