Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hamster on Her Front Porch


I'm proud of myself for capturing a photo of Supergirl ... Chinese dwarf hamsters are FAST!

I like to think of this as her "front porch." The blue end cap has air holes in it (as do the tubes themselves, mind you), and from time to time she stops here and hangs out as if she's checking out what we're doing in the room.

The tubes are in the shape of an ellipse, and she long ago picked one spot where she sleeps. It's close to the opening between the tubes and her cage, but 99 percent of the time she chooses to run around the long way to get in and out. So she always runs past this spot.

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

You are one brave mom to allow a hamster in your house. My girls know that we will never have any rodent-type thingy as a pet.

On the other hand, we are hedgehog sitting this weekend for a friend, and I could probably see my way clear to having one for a pet.