Friday, January 8, 2010

A Hairy Haiku Friday

Haiku Friday

This is my son's hair,
hanging down off of his head
soft, golden, messy



Took upside-down pix
because when he's standing up,
we can't see his eyes!


We got DB's hair trimmed about a week after this photo was taken -- so at least his bangs are above his eye level now -- but his hair is still pretty long.

Adults either love or hate his longish hair. He has raving fans, and people who can't imagine why I'd let him have it so long. He likes it to cover his ears, so I get it cut to that length and have the stylist make it short enough in the back so it's not too snarly when we comb it. After that, it's fine with me.

She left it long in the back this week, so after his haircut I noticed in the bathtub that his hair is long enough I could put it in a little ponytail ... now THAT is not my thing for boys. (Db showed no signs of being interested in it either.)

Would you like to join Haiku Friday? Just follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. It or they can be part or all of your post, but your post must include a haiku. What's a haiku, you ask? Hint: 3 lines, and count syllables, 5-7-5. The best haiku evoke a feeling of place or emotion. (Unlike mine which are often factual.) More info: Click here. Or here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your main blog URL). Don't sign unless you have a haiku this week. (But you're welcome to leave a comment without a haiku!) If you need help with this, please let me know.

3. Please leave a comment after linking, thanks! (Eventually the Mr Linky links go away, I think, so they only way we'll find you in the future is via your comment.)

4. If you'd like, pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button at the top of this post.



4 comments:

storyteller said...

Fun photos of your son and nifty 'ku too. Of course I played ... I always do ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Mariposa said...

I love the color of this hair!

Janice said...

Thanks, Mariposa! People used to ask me if I had his hair highlighted. Haha!

BOSSY said...

Bossy cut her hair
Someone else did actually
It's way shorter. Duh.