Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Who Am I Again?

Our workshop on Internet marketing for Saturday has been postponed, cancelled, what-have-you. We're a little sad because we were looking forward to having a success in our 'business" column. But since the expected throngs of participants did not materialize, I think we're doing the right thing to not continue to invest time and energy in something that clearly was not that interesting to the people it was marketed to.

Instead, we're going to offer it as a series of video training. THAT should be interesting.

And, yesterday I bought a copy of the classic, What Color Is Your Parachute, and am looking forward to reading through it again, meaning for the first time in 20+ years.

When we had to decide yesterday whether or not to cancel the workshop, I asked Husband what he felt God was saying to him about it. "I feel like God is telling me to get moving," he immediately blurted out. In the sense of get the business moving, he explained.

I found that interesting as a deciding factor -- would having the workshop for the limited participants move this business forward? It seemed like the answer was, Probably not.

We watched a cute movie, Miss Pettigrew, last night. I hadn't been interested because I thought it was going to be a Mary-Poppins-meets-Mrs-Doubtfire type of thing, but it was actually about one out-of-luck woman's day that turns her life, and how she views herself, entirely around. Perfect!

We also ate the collard greens last night; apparently not just cooking them for hours but also letting them steep in the fridge for several days does soften them to the extent they are edible. That tidbit will be helpful to all home cooks when the next Depression hits, I'm sure. That and having a bottle of Soy Vey teriyaki sauce on hand.

No comments: