Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Waiting Game

Waiting at La Guardia's lonely Marine Air terminal to board my now-2-hours-delayed flight to Chicago. Note to self: when the announcement is made that "the bar is closing in 2 minutes," they don't just mean The Bar, they mean THE ENTIRE SNACK BAR. Too bad for you if you wanted something to munch on.

Anyway so Blue Bear and I are passing the time surfing the web, watching everyone else announce their BlogHer arrive via the #blogher09 hashtag, playing FreeCell, and updating Blue Bear's blog with the Hot Dog recipes from Saturday.

I called home and spoke to DuckyBoy, who is so sweet on the phone these days. He wanted to know what Blue Bear and I were doing, so I was sure glad Blue Bear had been active so I had something to say!

Blue Bear is making more friends than I am, I think he's a natural-born networker. A great icebreaker anyway.

Oh, oh, an announcement about our flight -- in broken English -- I think the plane is about to arrive from Chicago. They've been telling us about this plane since it left Chicago to come here -- like that makes me feel better, to know that the plane I'm supposed to get on is still in Chicago at the time I'm supposed to be getting on it? It idn't cheer me. But at least I knew something.

Going back to FreeCell now. Maybe plain Solitaire. What an exciting life I lead

No comments: