Monday, March 3, 2008

The Weird Way My Mind Works Re: Celebrities

Sometimes I have ideas for stories they should star in. Sometimes when I read a book I imagine who should be in the movie. (I spent a lot of time in 7th grade casting The Guns of Navarone. Never saw the actual movie though.) In another life maybe I was, or will be, a casting director.

So tonight I'm reading DuckyBoy a version of The Prince and The Pauper starring Mickey Mouse. And for whatever reason, I thought it would be cool to update that story -- maybe the rich family's last name is Prince, maybe they're politicians or something --and it should star Owen Wilson. From the press he gets, I imagine he'd clean up nicely for a turn as an uncomfortable rich boy, and then love slumming it as the prince-turned-pauper.

Just remember, you read it here first.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Oh! Fan fiction! Thanks for the email, K! I had no idea I wasn't the only one! Now I have something I can do with my Gladiator story ... and the Magic School Bus stories on fanfiction.net crack me up!