Thursday, August 13, 2009

Haiku Friday: Highs and Lows

Haiku Friday


Bright-eyed excitement
brought low by a look but
my feelings are mine.

I struggle to keep
my composure while I wait
for the storm to pass.

Hmm. Haiku or prose, I seem to write on the theme of "highs and lows" a lot.

Last week Sandra's haiku inspired me to try to be more evocative with my 'ku. I may always tend toward describing emotions --dare I say, "that's just me"? -- but I can take more care in evoking a feeling rather than describing, which is what I usually do.

If you're in the mood for mo' bettah 'ku than mine, Adventures in Mother Venture suggests taking a look at the blog Haiku by Two, wherein 2 friends reconnect by taking turns writing haiku every day. Sweet! Thanks, AMV! (I may tell them about our little meme and see if they want to play with us too.)

Have a great August weekend, and 'ku to you!

Would you like to haiku today? To participate in Haiku Friday, just follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. It or they can be part or all of your post, but your post must include a haiku. What's a haiku, you ask? Hint: 5-7-5. More info: Click here. Or here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your main blog URL). DON'T sign unless you have a haiku this week. If you need help with this, please let me know.

3. Please leave a comment after linking, thanks! (Eventually the Mr Linky links go away, I think, so they only way we'll find you in the future is via your comment.)

4. Pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button at the top of this post.

REMEMBER: Do not post your link unless you have a haiku this week! I will carry on the esteemed tradition of deleting any links without haiku!

10 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Thanks for the link to Haiku by Two - an interesting site to haunt! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Tink *~*~*
Up and away over Downtown Disney

Jenelle said...

Haiku Friday sounds fun! I decided to play, although I couldn't follow the rules for some reason. The button wouldn't appear on my post. I'm a rebel and played anyway. Lol Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Most of the time I don't come back to click on Mr. Linky - I just put up the clickable icon. Perhaps I should edit it so it points here, eh?

melissa said...

i haven't participated in haiku friday in so long!! i'm so excited to do it again!! i wrote about my daughters coming home from summer camp, haiku style!

Becki said...

Yay! I also haven't done this in a while - glad someone is still carrying the torch!

GingerB said...

We are also big with highs and lows today. Wheeee!
Thanks for hosting!

Rachael said...

Thanks for hosting, great Haiku this week!

storyteller said...

Thanks for hosting Haiku Friday again this week. I shared Haiku with Sky Mosaics at Sacred Ruminations and Happily Retired Gal earlier but forgot to drop by to add the links until now. I'm in the process of creating Haiku with my Camera Critters post at Small Reflections ... an update on how Molly's dealing with Jenke's move. It should be up soon and I'll try to remember to return to add the link. Guess I'll be visiting others tomorrow because today's just about done. I'll check out Haiku by Two as time permits next week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Teacher Mommy said...

It's been a while, but I actually did one this week! All about my little boys on the beach...

http://diapersanddragons.blogspot.com/2009/08/two-small-boys-on-beach.html

Sandra said...

My link is up for this week. And I'm having another giveaway. Thanks for your kind remarks.