Thursday, August 20, 2009

More on Aussies Who Stole My Heart

Ok, so I'm still feeling like a hottie for my dream about Julian McMahon but meanwhile, that post got me thinking about the first Aussie I ever fell in love with, and NO, it's not Mr. "that's not a knife, this is a knife!" guy from Crocodile Dundee, ugh!!

No, my first Aussie love was Tristan Rogers *sigh* a.k.a Robert Scorpio from General Hospital way back when. Now, the guy is probably 60. Which means he was about 30 when I was 15, right? But did I care? No! Those eyes, that accent, I was smitten! I had a tiny picture of him taped next to my bed and I looked at him every night for a year. (This might actually be the same picture.) He was so dashing and mysterious and handsomely bad. The mere fact that by the end of the afternoon today I'd remembered his last name, after not even thinking about him for years, means it was burned pretty deeply into my brain!

He was the first real man I had a crush on --prior to that it was Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett, who of course are men now, but were teenage boys back then.

This photo is more recent -- he got better looking as he got older, I think; then again, if he was 30 in the first picture, since I'm 44 he's gonna look like a boy to me now!

1 comment:

Virginie said...

I am French so of course I don't know about General Hospital, although I've heard about this knock-out Tristan man. You are not alone who is confessing the crush! If the guy is 60 now, he can be proud to have produced such a tidal wave of female hormones his way! It would be fun to see what he is up to now and what he looks like (less fun for that part).
My first love was Johnny Weismuller (I am probably misspelling his name), the first (or one of the first) on-screen tarzan. Long dead....