Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Hair Affair Update

First I want to say thanks for the nice and interesting comments on last week's hairy haiku!

I'm almost embarrassed to post because I don't have an "After" photo yet of my hair -- but I'm sooo happy I got it cut, and of course colored. I honestly had no idea how long my own hair is. It's been weeks since I've worn it not-in-a-ponytail. And wavy! I have a wave in my hair! This is 100 percent news to me; I thought my hair was stick-straight and always would be.

And! I found a nice salon. Which is huge for me, I'm very intimidated by salons and hairstylists in general.

Which is probably why I've gone to a barber for 5 years.

Anyway, I've been getting lots of compliments, I feel like the moms whose hair I admire at school, and I promise to post a pic as soon as I can re-create the style my new best friend did for me!! (Or a fraction thereof. She did give me tips.)

3 comments:

sisagain said...

Oh No! I am 11 years out from you and my hair looks permanently permed--opposite use of the curling iron now:) Curse the genes!

Stock market basics said...

ohh.very very nice blog i found after 3 months..i bookmarked thankyou

Carrie said...

Well, looks permanently permed--opposite use of the curling iron now:) Curse the genes, thanx for posting.