Thursday, June 3, 2010

Haiku Friday: Life Spins on a Dime

Our new family motto is, "Life spins on a dime." Husband claims we had one already ... "Life sucks, then you die" ... but I don't remember ever voting for that, as if I ever would!

Last week for Husband's birthday I made this giant dime from posterboard and put a spinner on it, then taped things around the edges like "I go get your breakfast from 7-11," "Open Present #1," and "1 hour of watch shopping."

His birthday was Saturday, but we used it all weekend. I plan to use it again, because it made for a great weekend. Even for a guy who claims to not like surprises!

I liked that he was trying to guess what it was while I made it -- yep, I was brazen enough to draw it right in front of him! He thought it was a quarter as in, "A quarter of my life is over?!" -- which, since he turned 45, wouldn't be so bad.




Life spins on a dime:
DB will be Citizen,
his teachers told me!

From life on savings,
now full-time income again,
things feel so diff'rent.

I can charge something
and leave the house without guilt
and still get things done.

We don't live for it,
but money plays a big role;
life spins on a dime.


Want to play along on Haiku Friday? It's easy!

Just write a haiku (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables) on your blog, any theme.
Put the post url into Mister Linky here, then please leave a comment after linking.

Not a blogger? Feel free to write your haiku in the comment field. Or just tell me what you think of my haiku. Or what your weather is like. Anything!

And have a great weekend.


No comments: