Thursday, November 19, 2009

Haiku Friday, Now With Gratuitous Cute Baby Photo!

Haiku Friday


Busy busy week
s'posed to be a week off? Ha!
didn't quite happen.

I was going to use this past week to catch up on a lot of things. Somehow, it ended up being mainly more of the same, though I did make time for some rejuvenating activities. Like meeting this little guy here. Is he a sweetie or what??

Anyway, the busy work is actually leading to some income for us, so that's a yay!

And Husband and I spent last Saturday learning lots of interesting stuff about WordPress (am I allowed to say that name on my Blogger blog?). My favorite idea I came away with is to start a blog for the books of the month, and for photos of our related library crafts.

I also want to figure out how to scan and make Powerpoint presentations out of the books of the month so the kindergarden kids can "watch" them be read on the Smartboard instead of squinting to see the pictures.

Would you like to haiku today? To participate in Haiku Friday, just follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. It or they can be part or all of your post, but your post must include a haiku. What's a haiku, you ask? Hint: 5-7-5. More info: Click here. Or here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your main blog URL). DON'T sign unless you have a haiku this week. If you need help with this, please let me know.

3. Please leave a comment after linking, thanks! (Eventually the Mr Linky links go away, I think, so they only way we'll find you in the future is via your comment.)

4. Pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button at the top of this post.

REMEMBER: Do not post your link unless you have a haiku this week! I will carry on the esteemed tradition of deleting any links without haiku!

2 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Aw, you're right - that's a cute baby!

:)

Tink *~*~*

storyteller said...

Adorable QT for sure ;-)
Love those BIG curious eyes!

I've experimented with WordPress for about a year now at Happily Retired Gal and not only write about that experience on my Blogger sites, but I include links between them as well. Overall Blogger is the simpler platform to use, but WP does have some interesting features. I'm glad I didn't START blogging there because I might have given up early on, but using knowledge I'd gained from a couple of years helped me through the most frustrating WP hassles and other bloggers were helpful too.

I've been sick with the flu, but I did post Haiku at Sacred Ruminations this morning and am hoping to add posts on my other sites too, but I'm pacing myself. Ya know I include Haiku in almost ALL my posts no matter what the day ... just because.

Glad your efforts are paying off financially.
Hugs and blessings,