Sunday, April 19, 2009

How The Eggs Got Eaten in Record Time

This was the fastest use-up-the-Easter-eggs-year ever!

My recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
  • 1 Husband
  • 1 Son
  • 1 digital camera
  • 3-4 Easter eggs
  • Mayonnaise
  • Grey Poupon mustard
  • Salt
  • Sliced frozen bagels
  • Buttery spread of your choice

Instructions:

1. Neglect to give Husband any breakfast.
2. Ply Son with TV until he is close to stupefied.
3. Take photos of eggs with digital camera.



4. When Husband asks Son if he can eat the eggs, reassure Son you have photos.
5. Look very busy for a few minutes while Husband prepares egg salad with mayo, mustard, salt.
6. Continue to look very busy as Husband toasts bagel slices. When he asks you if you want your buttered, say yes.
7. Appear in time to eat lovingly prepared breakfast and give thanks for your family.

For better recipes and cute games and other egg stuff, go to http://www.incredibleegg.org.

For lots more recipes that are actually recipes, check out the other blog posts for The Parent Bloggers Network's blog blast at http://blog.parentbloggers.com

3 comments:

hokgardner said...

We eat ours in deviled form. I love deviled eggs, but this is the only time of year I make them. Of course, given that we dyed 18 egges, the eggs may go bad before we eat them all.

And my girls refuse to let me do anything with the eggs until I've taken pictures of them, too.

Janice said...

Mmm, I love deviled eggs. Lot of work though! I'm always surprised at how labor-intensive they are to make.

Cathy said...

great post! I didn't make hard-boiled eggs this year--my mom did and then we forgot to take them from her house--oh well.