Thursday, August 20, 2009

Haiku Friday: Heatwave

Haiku Friday


Heat soaks into skin
shirt clings like jealous lover
a/c huffs and puffs

Would you like to haiku today? To participate in Haiku Friday, just follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. It or they can be part or all of your post, but your post must include a haiku. What's a haiku, you ask? Hint: 5-7-5. More info: Click here. Or here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your main blog URL). DON'T sign unless you have a haiku this week. If you need help with this, please let me know.

3. Please leave a comment after linking, thanks! (Eventually the Mr Linky links go away, I think, so they only way we'll find you in the future is via your comment.)

4. Pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button at the top of this post.

REMEMBER: Do not post your link unless you have a haiku this week! I will carry on the esteemed tradition of deleting any links without haiku!

4 comments:

storyteller said...

I don't think I've ever been first. How fun. Clever 'ku ... love the imagery of the second line and the 3rd line made me chuckle. No a/c where I live.
Hugs and blessings,

GingerB said...

Thanks again!

Karianna said...

I thought I had a fever today until I went outside and noticed that maybe the outside had a LITTLE to do with it. Nonetheless, I think I'm sweating the start of school - both with eager anticipation and worry about the "first impressions" that my boys (and I) will make on their teachers.

BOSSY said...

Bossy is too hot
To participate in much
But thanks for asking!