Friday, April 30, 2010

Haiku Friday: Pink Blizzard



cherry tree in bloom --
gently swirling pink blizzard
drifts and paints the steps.

i wait all year to
scoop up soft petals and make
playful poofy snowballs.

when rain falls, petals
are splash-plastered to the bricks,
nature's can of paint.

leaf blowers protest,
blowhards powerless against
the pink dot onslaught.

before green bursts forth,
nature celebrates spring with
a confetti blast!

Want to play along on Haiku Friday? It's easy! Just a haiku on your blog, any theme. Put the post url into Mister Linky here, then please leave a comment after linking.

And be sure to have a great spring weekend!


5 comments:

Stacia said...

"Pink dot onslaught" ... Fabulous image, I love it! I'm having a bit of writer's block with mine this week but hope to have it up soon.

sisagain said...

Wow! Spot on! Thanks

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Love it! And love cherry blossoms. I want to plant a cherry tree in my yard so I can have some too. :)

Maude Lynn said...

This is lovely!

happily retired gal said...

Marvelous spring haiku ;-)
Sorry to be late in visiting. I did play (and added my link today) but somehow missed getting by here until now. Such is life ...
Hugs and blessings,