Friday, March 19, 2010

Haiku Friday: Anxiety and Sunshine

Haiku Friday

wind etches the cliff
like lines of worry on the
face i hold so dear

I don't totally know why I wrote this haiku. It came to me last night as I lay in bed. Husband and I are anxious about several things (not the least of which was my Masters of Client Attraction call yesterday, which went really well, and his today!); maybe that's why.

Dear Internet, I love you too much to end on this downer. So, part 2:

Happy sunshine warms
wings and beaks, arms and noses --
chirps and smiles emerge.


Want to play along on Haiku Friday? You know what to do: Write haiku, any theme. Put the post url into Mister Linky here, then please leave a comment after linking.


And be sure to have a great weekend!

3 comments:

hrg at Sacred Ruminations said...

Lovely ;-)
It's been warmer here in So Cal ... almost like SUMMER for a few days, but it's cooler today. I almost missed your post because methinks you must have changed the label you usually use that I use for my link because it took me to LAST week's post.
Hug and blessings,

Janice said...

You're right, hrg, I usually click on the "Haiku Friday" label and apparently this morning I'd clicked on just "haiku." Both are checked now, thanks!

Stacia said...

That first one is beautiful in its melancholy, and the second one ... well, welcome, Spring! Yea! Tomorrow! Yea!