Thursday, April 17, 2008

Friends

OK, so I am still mad today but my friends are slowly pulling me out of the funk I am in. Part of me is still there, and still needs to be there, but it feels better tonight to have some of those feelings not be so front and center.

My mom is home, sans gallbladder. And whether it was so great to live through, I haven't gotten her take on it yet, but according to my sister, at least Mom knows she got a good story out of it. Believe me, this matters when you live in a community of retirees!

And, in an odd parallel, I also went to the doctor today. It was surprisingly difficult; I went in thinking it was just a routine followup, but it was more emotional than I expected. Interestingly, the doctor knew that, and in fact was the one who brought it up. Which was very reassuring, since I hate negative emotions and usually feel embarrassed by them and then just want to make them go away as fast as possible!

No comments: