Friday, November 5, 2010

Swan Lake

We saw a beautiful, interesting production of Swan Lake tonight. Not everyone's cup of tea, it's by a guy named Matthew Bourne and it was primarily a male cast ... including the swan.

It was absolutely lovely, but Husband's review on the way out sums it up:

"That was either an amazing visual representation of dying to oneself...
or 'gay' doesn't even begin to describe it."

A guy walked past us, laughing, and said, "Can I quote you on that?"

Before the show we had an awesome dinner at a Greek place not-a-diner next door. We had chip-thin zucchini and eggplant, 3 dip/spreads (tzaziki, hummus-ish, and another one). I got there early and the Vince Vaughn maitre'd took good care of me and hooked me up with a lovely Greek white wine, which I sipped while I read my book and waited.

Lovely evening!

No comments: