Monday, April 5, 2010

This Is Family: 21, 14 and 7



Here's my sister's daughter, my brother's youngest son, and DuckyBoy. They sat like this for probably 2 hours, playing some funny online game together.

After awhile I realized the 3 of them are exactly 7 years apart: 21, 14 and 7.

We went to Indiana for a few days to see my Dad, expecting the trip to be nothing but, well, pretty sad. Actually what I really wanted to do was give Dad a CD of old heaven-focused hymns, see how the conditions are at the home, and tell him that if he wants to, it's OK to let go, that his brother is waiting for him in heaven.

I did all that, but the surprise benefit of the trip was seeing these cousins make connections. Plus one, this beautiful young lady is my brother's 16-year-old:


Dad may not know us any more, but he brought us together. God does work in mysterious ways.

1 comment:

sisagain said...

Facebook may be great, but nothing beats face to face. Thanks for making it happen!