Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Haiku in the News

This "news" is a month old but I thought it was funny. All my facts are from the February 5 New York Post, page 30.

Former CEO of Sun Microsystems, Jonathan Schwartz, announced his resignation via this Tweeted haiku:

Financial crisis
Stalled too many customers
CEO no more.

How funny is that? I guess when you're leaving with $12 million severance, you don't really care.

Oh, and the best part: people were taking his verse to task, like, "If it's not about a season it's not a haiku..."

This is still RT'ing its way around the Twitterverse, so I don't feel so out of date. Plus, another Sun exec just quit today, confirming it via his blog, so it's got a timely edge to it. (Even though, if it weren't for the haiku, I don't know any of these people and would care less... but anyway!)

Good thing that person doesn't read my 'ku! Though I have found this year's snow to be very 'ku-spirational.

SURVEY!
If this post had...

__ 1 or fewer words or phrases that made no sense to you, leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about Twitter

__ 2 or more words or phrases that made no sense, leave a comment most burning Twitter question ("WTF is Twitter" is 100% acceptable).

2 comments:

Sara said...

No news is good news?

Stacia said...

This is too funny! At least he's taking it all in stride ...