Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Bring a Book to Bed Day!

My friend Alba founded this fun mid-winter holiday three years ago: Bring a Book to Bed Day, the last Saturday of February.

This year, it was easy to comply ... as Husband and I are not watching TV for Lent, we are reading more books.

Here we all are:
I am reading the latest Sue Grafton book,
U is for Undertow. I get the hardcovers for Christmas!


Husband is reading Pawn of Prophecy.
He says it's a slow starter, that nothing has
happened yet in the first 30 pages.


And, DuckyBoy and I are reading a few things at once:
At bedtime I've been reading him Beverly Cleary's
The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and
he loves to read his Complete Official Guide to Club Penguin
over and over. Here he's reading it with his purple Puffle, Yoyo.

2 comments:

hokgardner said...

The only place I read books is in bed. If I'm up and sitting quietly, I'm knitting. I read magazines in the living room, too.

But I read in bed every night. Right now I'm reading The Hemingses of Monticello - about the family of Sally Hemings, Jefferson's slave.

Janice said...

That sounds good, hokgardner... I'll add it to my to-read list!