Thursday, February 25, 2010

Haiku Friday: Big, Fat, Soft, Wet Snow

Haiku Friday



Here's DuckyBoy's school
this morning as the wet snow

falls in soft clusters ...

Clumps of dizzy flakes

move as one with fluid grace
like teens at the mall.


When I was little, we'd ALWAYS get a tremendous, unexpected, impossible-to-deal-with snowstorm on or around my birthday. Guess what! It's been over 20 years since I left Erie and haven't had to deal, but the February 26 blizzards have found me again!



Want to play along on Haiku Friday? You know what to do: Write haiku, any theme. Put the post url into Mister Linky here, then please leave a comment after linking.

And be sure to have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... this winter has been an amazing one for so many! I've shared this morning's sunrise in Southern California at my WordPress site ... no snow here, but we are expecting rain overnight and into tomorrow.
Hugs and blessings,

Stacia said...

"Like teens at the mall." Ha! Great simile. My haiku were about snow this week, too. (Must be winter.) =>