Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cool Music on Tour: Elvis Plays Sitar

If you're in Texas, Chicago, or in between this fall, consider attending an Aradhna concert (check their website for the tour dates).

Aradhna plays music I'd never, from the description I got, have thought I'd like: Indian sitar music.

Now, I've heard Indian music. To my ear it can be whiny sometimes.

But this is a white guy with American influences in his head playing it -- and to me it comes out like, Elvis plays sitar.

We were blessed to have Chris and Pete stay with us during a NY stay a couple years ago, and after we heard their sound we were so sorry we'd skipped the concert!!


Pete, DuckyBoy, and Chris in NYC 2007

Do these look like the nicest guys in the whole world or what? They are. (Well, except maybe for that one in the middle. We're working on that.)

They are committed to playing Christian music in a style that can reach a largely non-Christian population, which is also way cool. Looks like Pete will not be on the tour but I'm sure Chris, who is the sitarist, will be surrounded by with other wonderful musicians.

No comments: