Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hot Dog Winners

We won a hot dog cooking contest this weekend! Scott's combination of recipes was dynamite.


The toppings on the Displaced Wall Street Executive Dog are:
* High-on-the-Hog Bacon (2 slices)
* Prime Rib Chili
* Ski-Weekend-in-Vermont Cheddar
* Mexican-Riviera Cream Sauce
* In-the-Red Onion Relish

These are the 2 we made for my friend Maritza; for the record, she not only raved about them but also knew we would win even before tasting them.

I'll get the recipes, which are on the web, plus our modifications, up on our food blog asap, I promise. UPDATE: Recipes (thanks, Blue Bear!) But right now, while DuckyBoy is still at camp this morning, I have to go buy some new clothes for BlogHer this weekend!

BTW, DB did great with a sitter all day Saturday while we were at the contest. He had a better Saturday than he would have had with us, probably, since he got to get a Transformers sticker book at the bookstore (and I understand he was helping a littler kid read an Amelia Bedelia book!), plus pizza, plus the playground, plus a ride on the little duck ride-on outside the stationery store.

It was fun to be able to concentrate on the contest with Husband. I'm not sure when I've worked that hard! 5 toppings on 100 dogs in 45 minutes. Whew!

No comments: