Friday, October 3, 2008

Sporks, Sports and Silence

Miscellaneous thoughts from today...

As I unpacked DuckyBoy's lunchbox I noticed a spork. I held it up to him and commented on it, to which he replied, "Oh, yeah, that's really good for launching things." Is that a boy thing to say or what? I guess it goes with the little balls of tinfoil -- not from anything I packed, mind you -- that also come home in the lunchbox these days (I have my instructions not to take them out).

DB has wanted to go to the playground every day after school this week, and even chose to go this morning, with his scooter, instead of watching TV -- usually his favorite a.m. activity, especially on school days (since he only gets to do it on Fridays when I drive him). So I had the chance to meet the new gym teacher today and tell him he's doing a great job! I know it's something from school since DB comments on how he's liking to stretch his muscles and various things like that. It's so nice to be able to give someone credit where credit is due, especially someone who's having such a positive effect on your child. Nice young man, lots of energy and enthusiasm -- everything a young boy should like!

Last but not least, twice today in the car with DB, there were moments when we did not talk. Like, long enough that I noticed. Now, this is a child who usually want to talk, or listen to me talk, nonstop. Especially in the mornings, or during any transition time in the car, he wants me to tell a story. Silence truly was golden.

Ahhh.

No comments: