Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Random Thoughts: Anger and Gall

I'm so angry today that I made myself tired. And I haven't even begun to say anything to the person I'm angry at. I don't have much practice being mad, so I hardly know what to do. It's ironic that I was looking over the draft of DuckyBoy's IEP yesterday morning, and there's a couple of goals about him modulating his outbursts and improving his communication with other people ... and here I was today hardly able to speak a civil word to anyone as I've worked myself up so much about one person that I can hardly think straight. God does have a sense of humor for sure.

If you're reading this and are a praying person, please pray that my mom recovers successfully from gallbladder surgery; she got a double dose today, as first the organ itself was removed and then they had to wake her up, wait a few hours, and go back in (through the throat, no less!?) to remove a stone that was stuck somewhere. Eww! So what was supposed to be outpatient now has her staying overnight.

She lives in a community of all older folks like herself -- some 10 or so years older than her 80+ years -- and she said when she told everyone she needed gallbladder surgery, everyone had a story! So now she will have one as well. I was just glad that obviously so many lived to tell about it!! So my hope for her is a speedy recovery and to go home tomorrow.

No comments: