Sunday, April 27, 2008

American Idle Chatter

OK, so I just want to get my two cents about this past week's American Idol up before next week starts, since our favorite got voted off!

Hard to believe Carly was the one to go. What about Jason with the dreadlocks? He is a train wreck every week and yet he continues!! I read a theory, on AOL no less, that Carly got voted off due to Christians being angered by her choice to sing Jesus Christ Superstar. That doesn’t totally make sense to me because you can’t “unvote” for someone, and also how many conservative Christians would have been voting for the tattooed rocker chick in the first place? Maybe 3?

Here’s my theory: Jason has a lot of teenybopper girls who like him (as does David Archuleta, and maybe David Cook, but they’re also better singers). These girls have the time and hormones to hit redial over and over to vote for their favorite a bunch of times, no matter how he did. Husband and I, sitting at home in our comfy adjustable bed, have to make a real effort to get up and GET the phone, let alone dial more than once. One week we did vote twice for Carly. Woo!

I also couldn't believe Syesha was the other person in the bottom 2. I thought her number rocked! So I linked to it on the right.

No comments: